OPENINGS AT SMITH & STARR
If interested in joining the SMITH & STARR team, please email starr AT smithandstarr DOT com with your resume and why you're interested in joining the team.
SMITH & STARR - Part-time Production Manager
We’re currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Part-time Production Manager to manage the development of The Conway collection and future product lines for SMITH & STARR. This person will work closely with the co-founders, cross functional team and vendors to ensure production goals are met. This will include managing the entire product life cycle timeline with initial design concepts, sample requests and quality all the way through bulk production.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a crucial role in continuing the success of The Conway collection, bringing our next product line to life and being involved with the product life cycle through each and every step of the process. This is a highly entrepreneurial role that requires a driven, organized and passionate individual.
- Manage daily communication with vendors & factories overseas to ensure quality product execution
- Implement sourcing strategies that include new country and factory development
- Research and develop materials, trims and fabrics for existing and future product
- Build product T&A’s from initial design concepts through bulk production to market
- Work with cross functional partners to manage production milestones are being met including graphic design with initial proto samples to pattern makers with the development of new designs based off customer insights
- Measure and assess samples to ensure accurate spec measurements, correct construction, accurate labeling and overall sample quality meets SMITH & STARR standards
- 3+ years of experience in women’s product, handbag experience preferred
- Strong sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Self starter who possesses problem solving skills
- Strong organization, communication and planning skills (experience communicating overseas a plus)
- Knowledge of sustainable production and fibers
- Entrepreneurial and driven attitude with an eye for detail
- Experience with Google Docs, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Positive attitude and eagerness to be a part of the team
EVERYTHING SOUND GOOD TO YOU?
- Great! Email your resume to starr AT smithandstarr DOT com and we'll be in touch!